The IC3 Movement, at its core, is dedicated to helping young people across the globe find career paths through education that will lead to fulfilled, happy and productive lives. IC3 (short form for International Career and College Counseling) has set out to fix a broken system in which accessible and sustainable school-based career and college guidance is either inadequate or altogether absent.
With the goal to impact over 100,000 high schools over a 15-year period, the IC3 Movement seeks to enable high schools to help their students make best-fit higher education and career decisions. Comprising four key, volunteer-driven initiatives -- the Annual IC3 Conference, IC3 Regional Forums, IC3 Live, and the IC3 Institute -- the IC3 Movement aims to empower every school to run a robust, fully functioning, career and college counseling department.
Through the IC3 leadership committees, this mission is driven by an amazingly dedicated and passionate family of 300+ volunteers from across the globe.
IC3 Events and Access
The Annual IC3 Conference and IC3 Regional Forums are open to high school delegates (counselors, teachers, principals), university representatives, and limited approved organizations. Full-time employees of high schools may attend the Annual IC3 Conference at a subsidized registration fee, and attend IC3 Regional Forums at no cost. Full-time employees of universities can also register for the Annual IC3 Conference and IC3 Regional Forums. A limited number of approved organizational delegates may also attend IC3 events at the discretion of the IC3 Registration Committee. The volunteer-based IC3 Registration Committee oversees the review and approval process of event registration requests.
IC3 is a completely open-access platform, and not membership-based. All IC3 webinars and conference sessions, speaker and event recordings are freely accessible on
IC3’s YouTube channel.
History of IC3
The initial Annual IC3 Conference was launched in 2016. The vision of this conference was driven by Ganesh Kohli, an active counselor in India for over 20 years, who recognized this gap in the education system of the Indian subcontinent and the effective absence of career and college counseling in high schools. Having led many entrepreneurial ventures in the education sector over the years and as Chief Mentor of KIC UnivAssist, Ganesh conceptualized IC3 as a solution aiming to fix a broken system in high schools. Recognizing this need and leveraging the support of KIC UnivAssist, the first Annual Conference was inaugurated in 2016.
KIC UnivAssist continues to manage and support IC3, though it does not control content or participation for any of IC3's events or programs. With aligned missions, IC3 and KIC UnivAssist share a deep commitment to high school empowerment and supporting systems of helping students to find best-fit higher education. (Read more about KIC UnivAssist's history and mission).
The IC3 Institute
The IC3 Institute was incorporated in the U.S. in 2019, with the vision of making it a nonprofit. The IC3 Institute has been established as a public charity. Visit the IC3 Institute website to learn more.
The Annual IC3 Conference
The Annual IC3 Conference is managed and supported by KIC UnivAssist, and led by a full-time Chair and Co-Chair. Volunteer leadership committees include the Advisory Committee; the Outreach and Social Media Committee; the Content and Research Committee; the Inclusion, Diversity and Scholarship Committee; the Registration Committee; the IC3 Presidential Forum Committee; and the IC3 Host School Committee. Visit the leadership page to learn more about the committees and their members.
The IC3 Regional Forums
IC3 Live is a virtual engagement initiative developed by the IC3 Movement to support the sharing of career and college counseling resources with educators without the limitations of physical reach. IC3 Live features enriching keynote addresses, presidential panels, workshops, webinars, student fairs, and networking opportunities for counselors, representatives, and leadership from high schools, universities, and industry. In support of the IC3 values of inclusion and access, all IC3 Live events and resources are available to full-time high school employees at no cost.
The IC3 Team
IC3 initiatives are implemented by a dedicated team, including Ganesh Kohli (Founder, IC3 Movement) and Jim-McLaughlin (Co-Chair, Annual IC3 Conference). Meet the entire IC3 team by visiting the contact page.
- The inaugural Annual IC3 Conference in 2016 drew 285+ delegates representing high schools, universities and organizations. Growing steadily each year, the 2019 Annual IC3 Conference hosted 925+ delegates representing 36+ different countries. From 2016 to 2019, the Annual IC3 Conferences have in total been attended by about 2,400 delegates, impacting 158,000+ students in 42+ countries and 23 Indian states.
- IC3 Scholarships have been awarded to 134+ counselors from 17+ different countries, providing support for them to attend an Annual IC3 Conference for the first time.
- The IC3 Regional Forums grew from 9 events in 2017, to 28 in 2019 in which 2,100+ participants were engaged, 2020 will see events across 28 cities and 7 countries. From 2017 to 2020, the IC3 Regional Forums have impacted well over 4,000 participants and 500,000+ students.
- The IC3 Institute graduated 23 counselors in its 2018-2019 cohort, with 44 participating in the 2019-2020 cohort.
- Since its launch on 4 June 2020, IC3 Live initiatives have already reached educators from 85+ countries, with engagement from 590+ high schools and a potential impact on 340,000+ high school students globally.